The idea that you have to kiss several frogs before you get to your prince(ss) charming is not scriptural; it is not godly, yet many settle for it. I read something in my Bible; you might have come across it too. It goes something like this: “If human beings (being as evil as they are) know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more will my Father in heaven give good gifts to me who asks Him!” In other words, you cannot ask for bread and then He gives you a stone (I mean a deadbeat!!); you cannot ask for a fish only to be given a snake (Get it? a snake! That’s right!) (Ref. Matthew 7:9-11 NLT)
There is a reason you keep getting frogs. Search it. What is it that attracts frogs to you or vice versa? You MUST get rid of it. This is serious…
And I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs leap from the mouths of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. – Revelation 16:13 NLT.
Heeey! If it looks like a frog…BEWARE! (Seriously, why are you even kissing it in the first place?)
Remember the 10 plagues of Egypt in Exodus? Frogs (Exodus 8:6) was one of them and they were everywhere! (How annoying.) Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron to pray to the Lord for the frogs to go away. So Moses asks, “When do you want me to pray for you?” Now, brace yourself for Pharaoh’s answer… “Tomorrow!” Say what?!
What would one want one more night with the frogs for? (Exodus 8:10)
Unfortunately this is the same situation in the lives of the ‘frog kissers’. God sends someone to help you. They ask: “Sister/brother when can we pray for you to deliver you out of this problem?”
“Tomorrow.” (Translation: Just one more night with the frog, please!)
Mmmhh… Alright then. We will respect your choice.
Identifying and Getting Rid of Frogs
To get rid of frogs, you must identify them:
* Frogs have rough, harsh, coarse voice instead of a calm small still voice
* Frogs are a symbol of complaining or reproach as opposed to praise and gratitude
* Frogs are a symbol of impudence=cocky boldness (contemptuous)
* Frogs are a symbol of empty loquacity (too much talk) and very little listening if any.
* Since the frog lives in mud/marshes=symbol of those who live in sin/pollution (and have no desire to leave),
* Frogs may not eat much but drink much=symbol of drunkards
* The frog swells his size, and distends his cheeks=symbol of pride
* The frog endures all changes of the season cold and heat, summer, winter, rain, frost and can easily go for a night vigil and fool you if you’re not prayerful because they are capable of clubbing all night too. Have you ever wondered how a saved sister ends up marrying a…? Well, you get it.
Getting rid of frogs is easy. Get godly wisdom and it will change your fragrance. This wisdom puts the Jesus aroma on you. It is what makes you know not to kiss frogs. There is no right frog – and you get this from the scriptures. The wisdom of God sets you above, it raises your standard and you stink no more! And it will be said concerning you, Baby, you sure do smell sweet! The question of whether or not it is the right frog does not arise. It is a frog. A child of God has no business kissing frogs. Period!
Beloved, God has shown you, now it’s up to you.
Copyright © 2014 Dee Kyalo-Mwanzia
Dee Kyalo is the author of Crushing Invisible Barriers and Looking Up . Check out the cool reviews and ‘like’ us on Facebook! Both books are available here now.